Important Notice

Sorry, this is still in maintenance!

Hi and welcome to my blog!

If you are a first-time visitor, or looking for the posts I consider most important ('cause I'm posting a lot), please go here or click "About Me" at the top of the page!
Otherwise just have fun!


Dienstag, 13. November 2012

Second Post for Today

Good Morning Germans, good evening sane people - or was it the other way round?
Sometimes I do wonder...

... And yes, this is the second post for today, even though the other one says otherwise - I published my blog entry at around 11 o'clock, retracted it as it was only two lines long and then posted it again at 1 AM.

So, two posts in one day!


Homesickness isn't a punch in the gut, I have realised, it's far more a belt tied around your chest being pulled tighter and tighter every minute.

It's usually not so bad, but in moments when I can think, it is a punch in the gut, before the belt kicks in.
Chocolate provides a short-term solution, but in the long run, it just makes me feel worse.
I have very poor impulse control, I fear.

I used to think homesickness was a weakness.
I have come to the conclusion (after extensive talks [I guess I can call them that, right?] with a very important individuum [thanks again, I think you know who you are!]) that homesickness isn't so much weakness as growth.
But growing can be so painful... I really, really hope it's worth it in the end (I know it is - but in those down moments I can't see that.)

Today... well, I got signed up for the Vancouver Trip, got the parent sign form for Curling on Wednesday and a Debate Trip in three weeks - I'm going, although the topic is even worse than the last one: This house supports a national carbon tax. Wow. Really brilliant, don't you agree?

I'm kind of down. I don't know why - I guess it's because I have finally fully arrived in Canada.
And I have a huge bruise on my collarbone - I was drumming my thumb against it all day yesterday, and now it's really read and turns blue! It's kinda funny, I have to admit!
I was also really antsy today. I guess it's sleep deprivation...

We had our Spanish test today (it wasn't hard), but we only watched a movie in Japanese. Grave of the Fireflies, a very grave and sad movie with not just one Character Death about the First World War from a Japanese Point of View.

In English, our principal was there and she, Mr D and the class (so, we) talked about social media. I am one of the few actually using a tumblr!

In Biology I am up-to-date, which I won't complain about. And we will dissect a pig!

Well, on Saturady, Doro is coming over for a sleepover - yay!
And on one weekend, I have to meet up with Claire, my friend from Englisch class, and Steven, a fellow Avengers Fan (that's where she got her name from), and Jade, also Avengers (and Sherlock!) fan...

Fun Fact: (I probably wrote that already once or twice...)
the word you hear most often here, is "like"
Like, I mean, like saying like a sentence and like everytime you'd like say "äääh" like in German you'd like substitute "like" instead.
Really. Everybody does that here.
So when I get back, don't be surprised if I use like three million times more "like"s than I used to!

And since I am really tired, I am going to bed now. Sorry, no pictures today! :P

3 Kommentare:

  1. Oh jaa...dieses like like like..das kenn ich :)
    Liebe Grüße

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ich wünsch Dir schöne Träume ♥ - und Schlaf hilft über so manches drüber, Du weißt schon, was ich meine;))

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Homesickness gives proof of your liveliness and emotional health; and it's a huge compliment for your parents :-)
    So there's no need to be afraid :-)
    lywe

    AntwortenLöschen

Due to incredible amounts of spam I had to put the security question back on - I'm sorry :)