Important Notice

Sorry, this is still in maintenance!

Hi and welcome to my blog!

If you are a first-time visitor, or looking for the posts I consider most important ('cause I'm posting a lot), please go here or click "About Me" at the top of the page!
Otherwise just have fun!


Samstag, 20. Oktober 2012

Sick

Long weekend and what do I do? Get sick, of course.
Probably a viral infection, says Marina, 'cause I'm not running a fever. But I'm feeling nauseous and my throat hurts and I'm tired, so I'm lying in bed, reading, and that's basically all I've been doing today, and now I'm also drinking watered down juice to keep hydrated.
Oh, and I finally answered my mail!

I actually wanted to meet up with Dorothea, but I fear I might be contagious, and I really don't want to get her sick - she's been through this already, I don't have to burden her with this again!

I just hope I'll be fine again by Monday - I'd miss so much, a Spanish quiz, our last Biology lesson before the next quiz, Debate and English, and I really don't want that!

My laptop had problems with the graphic board driver and crashed twice, and firefox also isn't at it's top...
I already run a virus scan, but it came back emptyhanded, so I have no idea...
I'll keep an eye on it, and if it doesn't get better, I'll ask Steven for help.

I have hardly any appetite these days, only to get hunger attacks. Today it came around elven, and it sucks. It really does. But now I'm quite content - I have never realized how often I eat out of boredom!

I have exactly 59 pages of my journal left, and Lara was teasing me with some kind of book during our skyping session - I have NO IDEA what it is!
But I really need to get a new journal! Because I can't not write!
I started out with single entries, but now I'm doing it in the same style as the "Plötzlich Prinzessin" Novels - I'm just writing Date and Time.

When I get home, I'll maybe type everything up - my handwriting is really messy in places, and I am slightly confusing at times, too, but hell, it's helped me so much to simply sit down and write everything down that's bothering me...

So yeah...

I need to go and get Postcards - I actually wanted to do that today, but well, I'm bedridden, so postcards are a bit hard to get!

It's been rather rainy all week, in case anyone is interested, and the sun sets at around half past five (I think. With all these clouds it's rather hard to tell)

The package my parents send me was shipped to the east coast first, which is why I still don't have it - it arrived near Toronto and is now most likely carried by truck.

I'm looking forward to getting it, although it must be quite big, according to my parents.

I have discovered sandwiches! There is nothing better!
Here are my favourites:

1. Tuna
2. Mayonnaise and Black Forest Ham
3. Peanutbutter
4. Chicken
5. Eggsalad

I'm addicted to Peanutbutter Toasts! It's actually all I've eaten today, and while I didn't like it the first time I tried it, it gets better the more often I have it.
It's nice because it's sweet on the one hand side (honey) and salty on the other, with a flavour of nuts, and it's just so. amazing.

We read a short story by Edgar Allan Poe and, hell, he's creepy. And strange. And a bit morbid. And a master of Irony. I mean, his character Fortunato is left to die in a crypt full of dead people, lured there by his love of wine (The Cask of the Amontillado) and ... well.

I'm taking the bus after Debate now, but thankfully, there is another boy, who also takes it! So I don't have to transfer on my own!

We also had an Earthquake drill - our teacher only read out the rules and guidelines, but we actually should have gotten under our tables to cover ourselves!
Earthquakes aren't that much of a danger here, but as far as I understood it, they're expecting one near Vancouver!

My headphones, which I bought here, don't work anymore. The right one doesn't give any sound. But luckily, I still have my Apple ones, and while they're rather uncomfortable, they're waaaaaaay better than none at all!

So, well that's it from me for now, I'm going back to reading!

Miss you all!

Julia

3 Kommentare:

  1. Gute Besserung - das ist ja schade, dass Du ausgerechnet am langen Wochenende krank werden musst! ♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Du Arme ! Schadet aber nix, mal still zu halten und Dich auszuruhen - gute Besserung !!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hab vergessen, mich zu identifizieren:
    lywe war das grade eben :-)

    AntwortenLöschen

Due to incredible amounts of spam I had to put the security question back on - I'm sorry :)